Auckland is New Zealand’s biggest city and among the must-visit places in the country. The city is known for its two huge harbors embracing a lively environment with a rich vibrant culture and history. And also, you would find more than 40 active volcanoes scattered across the land. Sounds a lot of fun right?
The best way to explore the city is by road tripping – given that the highways are pretty neat and too inviting for long drives. If you’re planning to visit Auckland anytime soon, getting a car is recommended for your adventure.
Once you land in the city, get a car rental in Auckland airport and arrange everything before you hit the road. Always check the vehicle’s condition and other important things. You’ll certainly need a good and reliable one for those long trips.
There are several road trip routes to choose from. However, there are only two that are considered the ultimate Auckland road trip adventure. And according to all those people who took these roads, it was definitely a life-changing and super fun experience for them.
Auckland to Cape Reinga
You can find New Zealand’s best-kept secrets in North Auckland. The landscapes here are immensely breathtaking! You will need at least 3-4 days to enjoy this trip fully.
Behold the wonders of nature starting at the Ninety Mile Beach and heading north of Auckland – the very top of NZ.
- Go to the seaside town of Paihia, the so-called entrance to the Bay of Islands.
- The Bay of Islands is a postcard-worthy scenery made up of 144 islands. You’ll pass by awesome coastline roads, turquoise waters, and green countryside.
- Paihia is the ideal place for a swimming. And the best part? You can swim with the loveable dolphins and interact with them.
- Discover the ancient mysteries of the historic Waitangi Treaty Grounds – the homeland of NZ’s foundation.
- Take a sailing tour around the islands and visit the legendary Hole in the Rock.
- Take another ocean trip via ferry to the ancient island town of Russell.
- When you’re done wandering Paihia, head to the 90 Mile Beach and Cape Reinga situated at the uppermost region of New Zealand.
- Cape Reinga is a well-known sand boarding spot. Get a little stoked by surfing the sands if you’re the extreme sports junkie.
Auckland to the Coromandel Peninsula
Coromandel is always brought up when people talk about excellent road trips in New Zealand. It boasts of marvelous beaches the world has ever seen.
Coromandel is a small peninsula but has a lot to offer. It presents some of the most extraordinary coastlines in NZ. There are amazing cliffs with stunning views. And the beaches? They are a gift from the heavens, which includes the renowned Cathedral Cove – a place like no other on earth; and the Hot Water beach where you can relax in your own tiny man-made sand Jacuzzi.
The trip requires a minimum of 3 days if you want to explore each and every great spot of the peninsula.
These two road trips are Auckland to Cape Reinga and Auckland to the Coromandel Peninsula. You can look it up on Google if you need a little sneak peek. But to see is to believe! So, pack your bags, fill your car up, and start taking these road trips when you get the chance to visit Auckland.
Article Submitted By Community Writer